Monday, June 20, 2011

Permit Types - Floodplain Development Permit

Floodplain Development Permit

1) When is a Floodplain Development Permit Required?

A floodplain development permit is required for all development‐related changes on a property located in the A and V zones of the Town's FEMA Flood Map, that will alter the drainage characteristics of a property affect any equipment servicing the property, or that constitutes a “Substantial Improvement” under Town Ordinance and FEMA Regulations.

This includes but is not limited to:
‐ Construction of new structures
‐ Modifications or improvements to existing structures.
‐ Site Work that will alter the property’s drainage including: Excavation, Filling, Paving, Drilling, Driving of piles, Dredging, Land clearing, Grading, Landscape Improvements, Permanent storage of materials.
‐ Equipment upgrades or additions (A/C units and Generators).
‐ Vertical Additions or Improvements that are a “Substantial Improvement” per Ordinance and FEMA definitions.

2) Can I submit for my Floodplain Development Permit (FDP) at the same time as my Building Permit?

Yes – A Floodplain Development Permit is an additional permit that is required along with the Master Permit for the work being done. It is like any other Sub‐Permit.

3) What happens if my Floodplain Permit is not approved?

If Your FDP is not approved you will need to submit all items requested for review and they must be correct and current.

4) Why is the Town requiring these permits ?

For many years the Town has participated in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Community Rating System (CRS) program by the Insurance Services Office (ISO). These programs require a substantial amount of work to maintain the discounts our citizens receive on their flood insurance policies. The fees collected will help to defray the cost of the Town’s participation in these programs. In addition it will insure that the Town’s Floodplain Development ordinance is enforced correctly.

5) What Inspections are required for this permit?

There are three inspections required for this permit. They are: 1) Site Inspection, 2) Ground Rough Inspection ‐ before the slab pour, 3) Final Inspection.

6) Who can be issued a Floodplain Development Permit?

The Floodplain development Permit will be issued to the contractor who is issued the Primary permit for the work being performed at a location.

7) Can I submit “Revisions” to my Floodplain Permit once it is issued?

Yes – This is like any other permit issued by the Town. If there are changes that need to be made a revision is required and may be submitted.

For more information on this and other types of permits, contact Your Permit Solution!

Source: Town of Palm Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment