Sunday, August 28, 2011

Utility/Storage Shed Permits

When you're building a shed outside your home, any freestanding structure over the size of 100Sq Ft will require a permit. Though this may seem unnecessary, your building will be shut down quickly if you begin without a permit in hand.

These permits are required to ensure that your structure is up to code and is being built properly and safely - to avoid injury or death due to improper construction. You also need to consider exactly where the shed will be placed. Even though you have your entire backyard to choose from, there may be specific zoning requirements that may prevent you from using a specific section of your yard.

Permits are also required to ensure that structures are only built within appropriate property lines. Even if you erect your shed one inch over your neighbor's property line, it will have to come back down until the entire structure is on your property.

For more information this and other permit types, contact us at Your Permit Solution!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sewer Replacement Permit

Whenever an existing sewer is being replaced, you'll need a permit a for that!

Materials Needed - Only specifically approved materials can be used such as Ductile Iron, Polyethylene (PE) SDR 11 and 17, and PVC Pipe SDR 26 and 35.

Cleanouts - A cleanout for the building where the sewer is located must be placed. This is to be installed in the direction of the flow of water and must be located two feet outside of the building the sewer is to be placed near. Only approved materials can be used to build the cleanout.

Testing - A plumbing code-complying water test should be performed when work is done, to search for leaks. A low-pressure air test should also be performed.

For more information on this and other types of permits, contact us at Your Permit Solution!

Source: DalyCity

Friday, August 19, 2011

We service all of South Florida!

Let our dedicated staff at South Florida’s make your life easier. We’ve been servicing South Florida clients with all their permit expediting needs for the last 10 years. We know firsthand the difficulties of navigating through endless paperwork and bureaucracy in expediting a permit in South Florida.

Whether you live in Dade County, Broward County, or Monroe County to solve the problem for your home renovations, private property issues or business needs. It doesn’t matter how complex the matter is, we will get your permit expedited in South Florida from start to finish.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Permit Types - Roofing Permit

Roofing permits have become necessary to ensure that a suitable roof is being fitted to your home. One that will stand up to a reasonable amount of bad weather.

Permits for roofing are typically granted easily, so long as the plan for the roof is suitable and meets specific conditions for safety.

If repairs are being done to the roof, it is unlikely that a permit will be needed. Typically, permits will only be required if a change to the layout or structure of the roof is being changed. However, in some cases, having an extra layer of shingles added to the roof can require a permit.

While roofing permit requirements are usually standard, certain regulations can vary by state and proper research should be done before starting any roofing project.

For more information on this and other types of permits, contact Your Permit Solution!

Source: HomeAdditionsPlus

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Permit Types - Right-of-Way Permit

When is a permit required?

Anytime you occupy, use, or engage in any activity in a public right-of-way including:

  • Excavation in paved and unpaved areas
  • Installation of above and below ground facilities
  • Activity that obstructs or impedes traffic
When is a permit not required?
  • Maintenance activity that makes no material change to the footprint of an existing facility or structure, makes no material change to the surface or sub-surface of a right-of-way, and does not disrupt or impede traffic.
  • Work governed by a permit issued by the Department of Inspections & Permits or governed by a Public Works Agreement.
Prohibited Conduct:
  • Drainage from private property should not be discharged into a County sidewalk, roadway or roadway storm drain. This includes both sump pumps and raingutter downspouts.
  • Private irrigation systems are not permitted within County rights-of-way.
  • Private fencing is not permitted within County rights-of-way.
  • Private utilities require the grant of an easement prior to occupancy in County rights-of-way.
For more information on this any other types of permits, contact Your Permit Solution!