Sunday, September 25, 2011

We've been spotted!

We've been spotted out and about! Have you spotted Your Permit Solution anywhere? Send us a picture!

Remember, for all of your permitting needs, contact us as Your Permit Solution!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Low Voltage Permit

 When do I need a Low Voltage Permit?

Low voltage electrical permits are needed when installing low voltage wiring in pre-existing buildings. Some examples include:

  • Security Systems
  • Data and telecommunication wiring
  • Media Rooms
  • Low Voltage Lighting

Low voltage electrical permits are not required under the following circumstances:

  • Telecommunications and data wiring in a single-family dwelling or within one unit of a multi-family dwelling
  • Systems connected to an outlet by a plug
  • Installing a new phone
Remember, any work done done without a permit is subject to review and violations can be fined.

For more information visit our website!

Source: MyBuildingPermit

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Swimming Pool Permit

Adding a swimming pool to your backyard can be a great investment and mean years of fun for you and your family! Before you begin, you must look into the permit requirements! 

A building permit in the following instances:
  • To build a new swimming pool or pool barrier.
  • To rebuild a barrier surrounding your pool, spa, or hot tub.
  • To address issues identified in a Swimming Pool Barrier Correction Notice issued by a County Building Inspector.
  • To request that a County Building Inspector certify your compliance.
No Building Permit is required to make the following minor changes to your pool for safety:
  • Installing code-compliant door alarms.
  • Changing the direction of opening of a gate.
  • Moving a gate latch.
  • Installing (or removing) features to make your barrier non-climbable.
  • Installing features to reduce the size of openings in your barrier.
The process for obtaining a building permit, if one is needed, is as follows:
  1. Visit the Planning Department Permit Center to get an over-the-counter permit. Check in with the main information desk and wait to meet with a Planner and then a Building Tech to get your permit. Contact the Building Counter for current permit fees.
  2. Perform the work approved on your building permit.
  3. After you have completed the work, schedule an inspection.
  4. Meet the building inspector at the site with your issued building permit to conduct the inspection.
  5. If your project meets current requirements, your permit will be finaled.
  6. If your project does not meet the current requirements, a Correction Notice will be issued identifying the missing features. You will need to address the issues causing non-compliance and reschedule your final inspection.

    Keep in mind, these requirements may change from state to state or even county to county. Contact Your Permit Solution for the most up-to-date information and we'll help you get started on your in-ground pool today!

    Source: SCCO Planning

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Window and Door Replacement Permit

If you're planning to replace a window or door, there are several steps to ensure you have the necessary paperwork and permits to get the job done right!

1. Permit application, signed & notarized by the owner and contractor
2. If permit is by homeowner, submit: INSTRUCTIONS OWNER- BUILDER
3. If permit is by contractor, submit: WORKMAN’S COMP and COPY OF CONTRACT
4. Schematic layout of the house and or building showing the room names and size, showing all
new windows and doors as follows:
a) Indicate the size of the windows and or doors; indicate “2” for double window in the same
b) The product approval number of each window and / or door at their location.
c) If mullions are to be used between double windows indicate the cross section (1”x3”, 2”x4”) etc.
5. Show a front view (elevation) of each exterior wall which will have windows and, or doors replaced, show all windows and, or doors in their approximate location and the roof mean height, a note will be acceptable. Also, with floor plan showing each window numbered, a list of all windows and their height of egress window opening from interior finished floor.
6. Indicate the wind load pressures at each opening.
7. A letter of authorization from the panel manufacturer indicating the site where
the panels are to be installed and the installer authorized.
8. Shutter permit is required if the new windows and sidelights on doors are not impact resistant.
9. Any windows in habitable rooms (bedrooms) that do not have an exterior door or another egress window must meet the egress requirements of the F.B.C. Include height of opening from finished floor (Max. 44”) and minimum 5.0 sq. ft. opening (1st floor) & 5.7 sq. ft. opening (on 2nd Floor) per F.B.C. (R310.1.1)
10. Two sets of current legible Product Approval Notice of Acceptance of each window or mullion used, 11 x 17, highlight doors or windows being used
11. A statement by the owner, as follows, signed and notarized.

For more information, contact Your Permit Solution!