Mobile home permits are typically required for the building and/or moving of any mobile home. Here are a few things you should know about the application and process:
- You must note the electrical company furnishing electricity to the build site.
- If you'll be using a septic tank, your septic tank permit number must be available.
- You must include a plot plan which displays the following:
- The size of the lot where you're planning to build the home.
- Existing buildings on the property.
- Additions such as porches, sheds, etc.
- Set-backs on home from property line.
- A distinction between North, South, East and West.
- The width and length of the home.
- Where the well and septic tank will be placed (if applicable).
- Name of highway, street, or road that runs in front, back, and side of property.
- You must also comply with a specific checklist to ensure the building is prepared for inspection after construction is complete.
Source: Hamilton County Florida