Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Know The Rules Before You Start!

When doing construction on your own, it is important to know the rules. Should you get a Stop Work Order, the following information will help you plan your next move:

When a Notice of Violation/Stop Work Order is issued, the Chief Code Compliance Inspector will make a determination regarding the number of days that the owner of the property will be given to comply.

• Violations that are issued for unsafe structures will be given a period of two (2) or three (3) days to secure the structure. If the owner has not complied within the allotted time given, the city will proceed to secure the property and all charges incurred by the City will be assessed to the property owner as lien.

• Violations for Stop Work Orders or Notice of Violation that require the owner to obtain a permit will be given a period of 30 days to start the permitting process.

• Permits obtained to comply with a violation must receive an approved final inspection in order to close the violation.

The process that the owner of the property will need to follow in order to bring the violation into compliance is written within the violation that has been issued. The Owner of the property can also call 305-673-7610, ext. 6045, 6801, or 2555 and discuss their violation with the Violations Office.

If it is determined that the number of days given to comply is not a sufficient amount of time, an extension of time can be requested by the violator before the compliance date. The request must be made in writing, via mail, or in person, the request must also be made prior to the compliance date.

Your Permit Solution will help you through any project from start to finish. If you find yourself in this situation in the middle of your project, call us and we'll be right there to help!

Source: City of Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment