Sunday, October 16, 2011
Siding Permit Requirements
Replacing the siding on your home will always require a permit. In addition to a completed permit application, there are several requirements involved with replacing siding. The comprehensive list below includes those requirements:
• Kick-out flashing/diverters are required at all roof/wall intersections.
• When siding is removed, a sheathing inspection is required to determine the condition of the sheathing and the locations of mechanical intake and exhaust vents.
• Remove all rotted sheathing,framing and insulation. An inspection is required for framing repairs.
• An inspection is required for the weather resistive barrier/house wrap. House wrap shall be installed shingle fashion. Vertical laps shall be at least 6 inches. Horizontal laps shall be at least 2 inches. House wrap needs to be lapped over shingle tins, drip caps, and other horizontal flashing.
• Fan fold foam insulation is not allowed as a substitute for a weather resistive barrier/house wrap.
• Flashing shall be installed to prevent water from entering building.
• Flashing is required at all window and door openings, mechanical openings, horizontally at masonry and stone, all wood and metal trim, deck and porch ledgers, and at all roof/wall intersections.
• In addition, all doors and windows require drip caps.
• Mechanical intake and exhaust vents shall not be altered or replaced unless the new vents meet code requirements.
• A final inspection is required on all siding projects.
For more information on this and any other permits, contact Your Permit Solution!
Source: Woodbury, MN